Monday, August 22, 2011

Not So Young Any More...


I guess I can't be a college boy any more...

So, here I am, 2:30 AM on a Sunday morning with a big stack of writing projects I need to get done in the near future. Kind of reminds me of when I was in college. Seemed like I was always in this situation. But then, that's kind of why I went to school to be a professional writer. I love doing this kind of thing.

Thing of it is, though, it's not so easy now that I'm in my mid 30s as it was when I was in my late teens and early twenties. At least I can still brag that I did it largely without the aid of such things as Red Bull and other energy drinks. Such things weren't as common back then as they are now.

The bad news, though, is that the coffee doesn't seem to work quite as well any more. I've had most of a pot in a little more than an hour, and I'll still probably be in bed by a quarter after three.

One of the things I've got planned for That Guy With The Glasses is a piece about how I miss being a student. There were plenty of reasons, but this is a big one.

But I guess I'm not so young any more. I want to go play video games when I'm done with this, but I know I'd probably fall asleep while doing so, which could be rather embarrassing. Sadly, that means I get to go to bed instead.

At any rate, I guess this means I'll be starting on those long-overdue projects after I get a few hours of shuteye. See you later on this morning at the earliest, blog-o-verse!

No comments:

Post a Comment