Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Entirely Too Much: Caffeine

The original draft of this was written at 2 AM, when I'd been busy all day and drinking coffee all night. Funny things happen when I do this sort of thing.

You see, in addition to the pile of blogs to post here I've only got hand-written drafts of, I've also begun reminiscing about a few old Nickelodeon shows I grew up with and thinking of writing Looking Back articles about them for That Guy With The Glasses. Why, exactly, these things have come to mind, I'm not sure. Maybe it's the combination of fatigue, stress, and caffeine, I don't know. But at the moment, it seems a good idea to write about the old Nick kids shows Pinwheel, Today's Special, and Sharon, Lois and Bram's Elephant Show.

There's also a sequence of live-action comedies that used to watch on Public Broadcasting that I'd like to get done and up, but it's been far too long since I've really thought much about those, so I'd have to revisit them before I begin writing. So it's kids' shows next.

By the time of posting, I've gotten a little sleep and had time to think this idea through a little bit. But chances are, it will still seem like a good idea, because I'd like to keep my Looking Back series going, and I'm lacking ideas beyond those mentioned at present.

The reasoning behind my starting what seems like a new series with this entry has a lot to do with my noticing, lately, that I keep having to deal with issues, that were they truly in moderation, would not seriously be issues. As they are, however, I'm not entirely sure how healthy they are for me. The answer, I think, is that at these levels, the things I'll be putting under this title are actually fairly unhealthy for me.

The caffeine, for example, and the resulting lack of sleep from my excessive consumption thereof have more than likely hindered my weight-loss and other health-related endeavors of late. This is not to say, of course, that good things have not come of the situation. I'm starting to reconsider things that I probably should have a long time ago, for other reasons. What those things are might be a good topic for another post.

I'm doing more writing again, because my mind has been, with the exception of the last month or so, been clearer than it has in awhile. That's actually got more to do with the weight I've lost and the increase in physical activity that's helping said effort than it does with all the caffeine, but it's still worth mentioning my favorite stimulant, too.

But, before I really start to ramble away with this, I'd better wrap it up. The current next three Looking Back articles I'm planning for That Guy are Pinwheel, Today's Special, and Sharon, Lois and Bram's Elephant Show. I'll be doing a TGWTG-specific promo for the sequence in a bit. See you then, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment