Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Andy Rooney's Gone Now, Too...


There goes another inspirational figure...

I think we've all heard of Andy Rooney. He was that guy at the end of the CBS news magazine show 60 Minutes who always had some funny little commentary on the world.

These commentaries could be on just about anything, ranging from current events to politics to, well, pencils, like I did a recent blog about myself. I'm sure Mr. Rooney wasn't just pulling these commentaries out of his ass like I do, because he had to get by the CBS editorial review board, whereas I do not.

In a way, it's funny that I call Mr. Rooney one of my inspirational figures. See, I didn't ever really watch or read much of his work when he was alive. I knew who he was and what he did, of course, but I didn't pay as much attention as maybe I should have, and I have a regret or two about that now.

Andy Rooney was 92 years old when he died this weekend of complications from a recent surgery. He worked for CBS almost right up until the end. I can only hope that my writing career is as long as his was.

We'll be seeing you, good sir!

No comments:

Post a Comment