Wednesday, November 30, 2011

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy 4 (SNES, 1991) Issue #0: For Old Time's Sake


I've been through this one far too often over the last twenty years or so, but maybe that'll help me finish this playthrough before I lose interest like I did with Breath of Fire.

But yeah, I must have played through Final Fantasy 4 at least a dozen times over the years. I'm at a point where I could probably tell the whole story from memory right now and be reasonably accurate about it.

The thing is, though, that's not the point of these Text Play blogs I write, or the Let's Play videos that inspired me to do them. They're about what happens in the course of an actual run of the game, be it by way of the more common series of videos by the likes of someone such as County Line Gaming's Apple, or HCBailey, who I found on YouTube, or more rarely, these written blog entries I do.

Now, there are certain things I do just out of habit that I'll probably do for this series. There are things that I suppose are technically considered side quests, but since they seem so woven into the main story of the game, I'll do them because they're kind of hard to avoid. But there are other, little things not directly connected to the story in any way that I do, as well.

Probably the main thing is trying to get the Imp summon spell for Rydia, the game's summoner. There are a few other things along the way that I might do if I think of them, but they'll come as I think of them while all this is in progress.

At any rate, it'll be nice to actually finish one of these instead of just stopping two thirds or three quarters of the way through because I got bored with the game.

So, yeah, just a heads up on something coming in the very near future.

No comments:

Post a Comment