Saturday, November 19, 2011

Another Winter Begins

It seems a little late this year, but that's fine with me.

So, the first snowstorm of the 2011-12 season is supposed to be tonight.  I'm hoping it won't be too bad, because I need to get back into my winter driving mode.  The biggest difference this year is that I've got a different vehicle from last year, which will take some adjustment.  Otherwise, I think I should be OK.

But between that and seeing that I recently got hits from the County Line Gaming forums, I got to thinking about what I'm going to be doing with regards to this blog, and my Internet activity in general, during the winter months now that I'm probably going to be spending more time at home.  The horrible cold and the snow will be keeping me here, which is the biggest thing that helped me keep this going at a better pace this time last year.

It's starting to look like my days off will be Tuesday and Wednesday now, but there's still room for that to change, so I'm still not ready to try setting anything firm.  All the same, I do have some ideas for what I'll be doing once I do know for sure when I'll be having time to work.

First off, my uStream show.  I've been having tech issues with my webcam lately.  From experimenting with other devices that use the same USB ports that the camera uses, I decided to get a different camera and see what happens.  What I'll be doing and when is still up in the air, but I'm sure I'll come up with something.

The hits from CLG have brought up thoughts of if I should bring back the Text Play series and what game I should play for it if I do.  By now, there's been perhaps a bit too much time between issues of the Breath of Fire series to bring that back, but it's still something I'd like to consider.  Other options include Lufia and the Fortress of Doom and Final Fantasy 4.  I've almost finished Lufia a time or two, which puts it in the same category as BoF.  FF4, on the other hand, I've played through on more than one occasion, so finishing it quickly will not be a problem.  What will be a problem is that I've played it through so many times I may not be able to keep my own interest up long enough to actually finish it again for this.

And as always, there will be movie reviews and random observations and wit that I've always posted here.  I just need to get myself back on a more regular schedule again.  Perhaps now that winter is here again, I'll be able to do that.

No comments:

Post a Comment