Thursday, November 17, 2011

Now I Remember Why I Want This To Work


It's not that I ever forgot really. I just needed to be reminded.

I want to make this work because I had never intended to work in a burger joint for anywhere nearly as long as I have. Until recently, I had sorta forgotten why that was, and there's a reason for that.

See, about six months ago, a few things changed, including one long-time coworker apparently leaving the job. It's not that this is a particularly bad person I'm talking about. There were, and still are, really, far worse people and cliques there. The thing is, though, they haven't yet become entirely too old for their own good.

It turns out, though, that this was just a medical leave, and in spite of how what I just said may have seemed, this person really isn't that bad, overall, and I'm glad they managed to be able to work after recovering from what took them out of work.

The fact that this person is back is good for them as an individual because it means they are still able to work, and they still have a job after this. I might not be a fan of this person's behavior during slow periods, but I still think they deserve to have a job and work while able to do so.

It's good for me, too, because having this person back is the one thing that reminds me of why it is I want to make myself better as a writer and as a person. The reason for that is simple. If I succeed, it means that I might actually get away from my current job. Don't get me wrong, if I didn't like doing what I'm doing, I wouldn't have done it for this long. It's just that as much as I like working in food service, I like writing more, and would like to think I could do it professionally.

All this might not come across as clear in the blog as it is in my head, so I'll just sum it up. I remember now why I want to make this work. It's because I remember now why I didn't want to stay working in a burger joint my whole life.

I hope this makes some sense. At least I've got something to keep me going again.

No comments:

Post a Comment