Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Actual Effort Or Lazy-Ass Posting?

It's moments like this that make me wonder how I want to go about this whole blogging thing, anyway.

So, here it is, three o'clock in the morning again, and I'm doing another impromptu entry that really does live up to the blog's title in that it really is a passing thought.

See, I'm kind of at a loss for the kind of content I want to have here.  On the one hand, I'm a firm believer in just plugging away at something if I want it to succeed.  It's something my parents started teaching me even as a little kid, and that was reinforced at every level when I was in school, especially in college.  And that's in spite of the folks out there who are always trying to say otherwise.

But then again, recent events have taught me that maybe I can make it just as far by just putting up a little lazy-ass shit every now and then.  That's what the "Random Word" posts you've been seeing have been.  Just little things that I pulled out of my ass in about a half hour one night while my clothes were in the drier at the laundromat.  The only reason I've got them in separate files on my computer is to make them a little easier to post quickly.

The reason it comes to mind is that the "ha-bisky" one I posted last was the most popular single post, hit-wise, I've thus far managed to put up here.  That one single word of kidspeak managed to put my hit count into the hundreds.

I find that confounding because it was just something I pretty much did to keep myself from completely wasting an evening while I was hanging out at the laundromat.  It wasn't something that I'd put a lot of time and effort into, or had even really thought too hard about.

So, one of the things that's going on in my head as I try to reevaluate my position on all this is where exactly I am on this blog thing.  Am I trying too hard, or is it that I'm not trying hard enough?  And either way, how worth it is it for me to continue?

I'm sure I'll get it figured out eventually.  In the meantime, I had better get some sleep before I look over the next Text Play issue to make sure it's what I want to post.

See you then, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment