Sunday, January 1, 2012

Happy 2012, I guess

I'm a little late with this, but better late than never, right?

I could have written something like this last night, but the thought just never occurred to me then.  I had other things on my mind, to be honest.

Amongst those things, interestingly enough, is a piece about my year end introspection and reflections.  I'm hoping to get to that before too terribly long here, while it's still relevant.  Long story short, though, I really need to get my priorities straight again.  They've been more than a little off lately, and quite frankly, that's not a healthy situation for anybody to be in, let alone me.

Beyond that, all I can really promise is more of the same.  I'm seriously planning on finishing the Text Play of Final Fantasy 4.  After that, I'm thinking I might go back to what could be the origins of the series.  Not Breath of Fire.  I'm not quite ready for that yet.  I actually started this whole Text Play thing with Legend of Mana, which I only got one issue of posted to the forums of The Spoony Experiment back in 2009 or early 2010.

There will be more movie and product reviews.  Such things may not be particularly compatible with other goals for the year, but I've gotta have something to keep me going, right?

There will always be plenty of the random bullshit that keeps showing up here in the form of art and other such things.  Nobody's probably waiting for that, but it's coming anyway.

Plus there are a few other projects I've got planned for both here and my user blog at That Guy With the Glasses.  It'll take some time to get them out, but they're coming along.

And of course, I'm still trying to lose weight.  That bit has been a little difficult lately, especially with all the really stupid choices I've been making since Thanksgiving.  But I'm hoping to get that all taken care of before too long.

And that's about it for now, so I'll end by saying that for now, I'm gonna try to draw a little inspiration from a song called St. Elmo's Fire (Man in Motion) by John Parr.

See you soon, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment