Monday, January 2, 2012

Weird Weather


I wouldn't find the rain quite as strange if it wasn't New Years. And I wasn't living in a place where it usually snows this time of year.

Guess I shouldn't look a gift horse in the mouth, though. The last couple years, especially, we've been buried under several feet of snow by this point. Not having that for one winter every now and then is a nice change.

I just find it bothersome to think that if the trend continues to the summer, we're gonna fry. I thought there were too many hot days last summer, when the power kept blowing out because the heat really messed things up and the added strain of all the air conditioning being used.

And then there's the fact that I work in a kitchen, too. There have been several occasions when the summer heat in there has almost gotten the better of me. If we have a lot of runs of 90-plus degree days this summer, people are going to be keeling over all over the place, both where I work and just in general. I really don't want to be one of them because I know I can't afford it.

We'll just have to wait and see what happens, though. We're not even close to summer yet. Winter's only just started, after all. Who knows, we could wind up flooding out again.

No comments:

Post a Comment