Monday, September 26, 2011

Duck Season Once Again...


Lots of water and record numbers of ducks, but comparatively few hunters this year.

Duck season started here over the weekend. The state game fish and parks department was saying that there are supposedly record numbers of ducks around this year. With that in mind, I'm surprised I didn't hear more people taking shots than I did when I was out on opening day.

Sure, there's a lot more water around than usual this year, too, and a lot of it's on private land. But all the same, I'm surprised that I didn't see and hear more people out and about for this than I did.

In fact, with so many ducks around, it seems like I actually saw fewer hunters out than I have in past years. It could be that the economy's still bad, but I have trouble believing that it's that bad.

Who knows, maybe there will be more people out later. Pheasant season is always more popular around here anyway. Too popular, in my opinion, but at least it does good things for the local economy.

Oh well, only time will tell exactly what happens.

No comments:

Post a Comment