Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Printer Paper


It's odd stuff, really. I'm not sure why it's gotta be so expensive...

So, the other day, I went into Best Buy on the way home from work because I needed some print carts and a ream of printer paper. Usually, this is no problem. They generally have what I need, and finding it isn't that much of a problem.

Now, generally speaking, I like to pick up both black and color carts at the same time. This is not so much because I use a lot of color ink as it is a matter of convenience, really. Just so I have some when I need it, right? But today, they only had the black, so I passed on that because I thought I'd just go online and buy both at the same time, since I was going to have to pay for shipping anyway.

What surprises me is that I didn't find any paper, either. At least, none for less than $7 a ream. I find that a bit unusual. It's not just that I tend to go through a lot of paper. It's also that my current needs don't require anything that pricy.

It leads me to wonder why the stuff has gotten so expensive lately. I'm sure the whole sustainability and protecting the environment thing comes into it somehow, but I'm not sure that makes up the difference for the $5 I'm usually paying.

At any rate, I got the problem solved eventually. Good thing it wasn't an especially dire need.

No comments:

Post a Comment