Friday, September 9, 2011

Text Play: Breath of Fire (SNES): Issue #22: I Dream of Mogu, Part Two: North Tower, Part Deux


And once again, it's been three weeks since I've done this. I really need to get my act together on this thing. I'd hoped to have this game long since done by now.

But anyway, on to the game...

I knew going in that this was going to be difficult. And the part that really sucks is that I lost my strategy guide when my hard drive crashed a while back, which really didn't help.

Another thing that ain't really helping me any is that I seem to have this way of trying to do them so late at night. Gotta learn to stop that. But that's for another sort of entry.

So, anyway, the return trip through the North Tower. This may wind up taking a few entries to get through. Kinda like all that business at Auria earlier in the game, but for different reasons. This time, it may be more because I get frustrated with the disappearing walls maze that most of this tower seems to be. Not that I really mind the challenge, to be honest. I like challenging games. It's just that this part of the game seems to have taken that challenge a notch too far, and it only gets worse from here.

Now, I think this time around, I managed to make it to the third floor before I decided it would be best for both me and my equipment if I gave it up for the night and just write an entry about it before heading off to bed.

The thing about the various levels of this maze is that it's pretty much a matter of memorizing what you can while the walls are visible and just feeling your way through the rest. It worked pretty good on the first two floors, but got a little tricky on the third. There's a part near the bottom wall of the maze where there are three of the green switches that make the walls invisible surrounding one of the red ones that bring them back. I think I've just about figured out how I'm supposed to get through that part, but since I wound up accidentally falling out the floor's escape hatch, I didn't quite get through it before I decided that maybe it was time to call it a night.

Perhaps I should explain about the escape hatches in this tower. Each floor, except for the last, I'm assuming, has a door in it that leads back to the dreamworld map. It's a nice quick way out when the dungeon is done or if you need to build up some more supplies, like I often do.

So, when I wound up accidentally using the one on the third floor, I just went back to the town, stocked up on what I could, and saved. Now that I've been away from the game for a little while, I can think of one more thing I need to check the Item Shop for before I go back in. It's an item called “Charm”, which takes the “Curse” status ailment off characters who might wind up getting it. I don't really need that item, in particular, since Nina's Heal spell seems to take it off just fine, too. It's just that it's on my “nice to have” list.

But getting that is something for next time, in North Tower, Part Tres. Until then, it's sleepy time for me. Wish me luck in getting it out in less than three weeks, folks.

See you then, everybody.

No comments:

Post a Comment