Friday, September 2, 2011

I Just Don't Learn: Scripting


You'd think I'd understand the value and the concept of having a script to work from when I do a webcast...

After all, I spent the first half or two thirds of my college career learning to be the sort of writer who's material will be viewed by the public in some way, shape, or form. Hell, I even took classes my senior year of high school that emphasized scriptwriting and other sorts of writing for public consumption.

You'd think a guy who studied to be a professional content creator would be smart enough to at least write notes for himself when doing video work. But no, that's not how I do it.

Want proof? Here's evidence in the form of me making an ass of myself on uStream as I try to talk about a few movies I've seen recently, as well as a book I read.

Like a fool, no notes there. It shows, and rather badly, I'm afraid. I probably could speak like I write, if I'd just get smart and write first when I do a stream.

I just hope I can learn to do that at some point...

No comments:

Post a Comment