Sunday, December 18, 2011

A Little Freeform Writing

I generally don't like doing stream-of-consciousness work, but right now, I can't think of any other way to get my head going on specific topics.

I've just never felt I was much good at randomly pulling things out of my ass at random.  I suppose there's evidence around that suggests otherwise.  Still, it's something I have little of my own confidence in.

All the same, here I am, writing away with no particular idea in mind, trying to make a post out of nothing in particular.

It's not even so much for a lack of ideas, really.  It's more a lack of motivation that's slowing me down.

I've got plenty of ideas, quite a few of which are even written down as drafts of one sort or another.  I've got a half dozen things I'd like to do for the user blogs at That Guy With The Glasses, as well as the Final Fantasy 4 Text Play and a few other things for here, as well.  I've even got ideas for YouTube videos or a stream or two

The big problem here is that for as cool as these ideas are in my head, I'm having a good deal of trouble convincing myself to sit down and make them happen.  I don't know if it's stress at work, or abnormal weather for this time of year, or exactly what the deal is right now, but I'm just not as motivated as I need to be right now.

I'm just hoping that having a little success with this post, even one or two hits, will inspire me to get on with the other, more structured ideas I've got planned but not done anything with.

Naturally, more than one or two hits would be nice.  Seeing a few comments and a little ad revenue along the way would certainly make finding my motivation again a little easier.

But anyway, it's time to wrap this up for now and get a little sleep before my day job.  Hopefully, by the time I'm home again, I'll have something a little more solid to work with.  See you soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment