Tuesday, October 2, 2012

TEXT PLAY: Legend of Mana (PlayStation; 2000): Issue #35: By The Power Of Greyskull...!

Why can't I finish this quest...?

So, when I started this quest with the Moon Mirror, I thought it would be relatively easy. I mean, how hard could it really be to climb a cube-shaped tower, after all? Especially since the character who comes along this time is Pearl, the Jumi woman who was running around with Elazul earlier in the game. She thanks you for helping her in the caves and says that she got lost in thought again, though this tower, Leires, seemed to be calling her somehow.

When she says she's going in, we're given the choice of going with her, and like the hero I am, I naturally say yes. Getting around in there is a little more confusing than one might expect, but then again, it wouldn't be an RPG dungeon otherwise. There are a lot of undead and spirit type monsters in here. At this point, my levels are high enough that they're not much of a problem, but they'd be a little easier if Pearl had a weapon. What really kind of bites here is that I can't give her one. I mean, I guess it's kind of understandable, since her character is not supposed to be a fighter or anything, but you'd think a person who's always getting lost in thought and wandering into monster-infested areas would at least know how to use a knife to defend herself. But at least this leads to the sort of behavior that one might expect from such a character in that she's always hiding in corners, needing to be rescued from the monsters.

At least there's some decent booty to be had in here. Lots of stuff for building weapons and robots with when I finally get around to getting that all set up. And the monsters drop some decent weapons, too. There's an enchanted sword that dropped a two-handed sword called a Braveblade. Kind of reminds me of He-Man's sword, really. Couldn't help but keep using it once I got going with it.

Now, I had thought the objective was to just get to the top of the tower, but it would seem that such was not the case. I did manage to get to the top, and I had some idea of what to expect. I was sorely let down by the fact that simply getting to the top of the tower didn't let me use this clip to explain the boss fight.

And speaking of Zuul, where is Elazul in all of this, anyway? Maybe I'll find him by way of exploring the various combinations of the holes in the tower walls and the transporter room in the tower. And with any luck, that'll get me to the end of this quest, too.

But that's for next time, folks. Until then, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment