Thursday, August 1, 2013

Birthday Time Again

Another year gone already? Where does the time go?


I wish I could say I remembered more about the last year than I do, but I really don't. It seems like the last year has gone like the thirty-five that have come before it. Nothing that I would call particularly memorable happened between my birthday and what I've unofficially dubbed Birthday Month, a period of about seven months, more or less. In March, my dad had hip surgery, and that's when a lot of big changes and other notable things happen. In the months since, he's sold his boat, which is something I'd have considered a good thing even without the operation. The down side is that we've not gone fishing quite as often as we did before, and I kind of miss that.


Of course, another thing that made the last few months a little interesting was the sever weather we had in April. There was an ice storm that came blew through on the tenth, covering everything in several inches of ice, breaking power lines, trees, and most other structures. This delayed a good many things.


There have been a few good things, as well, but at present, I'm not sure how much I can say about them. A good many of them have been a long time in coming, at any rate.


One I can speak of is the fact that I finally managed to upgrade my gaming center. I've needed a new television for quite some time, and my folks were generous enough to take care of that as an early birthday present. I really appreciate that. So far, everything seems to work well.


And that's pretty much been my year. Here's to a few more, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment