Tuesday, August 20, 2013

TEXT PLAY: Lufia and the Fortress of Doom (Taito, SNES 1993): Issue #23: Biggest Ball Of Twine In Minnesota Pt. One

Of course, this is going to be another “Fifty-Three Steps To Success” sort of thing.


What we learn when we get back to Bakku is that the village elder who said he had the key to the Tower of Light wound up getting it swiped by some creeper who then took it off to the tower. So, from the sounds of all this, we're going to have to go to the tower and beat the hell out of somebody just to even get into the place. And that's just to get to Linze, where the guy who can help us find our real MacGuffin this time around is.


What's been keeping me on this one is that between real life having been a little messy lately and the boss at the top of the tower we need to get through is one of those ones that's just a little tougher than it needs to be, at least in my opinion. See, the guy that horked the key from the village elder in Bakku is an Amon worshiper who's trying to summon his patron Sinistral. It took me a few tries to beat him. The first, I didn't know how strong he was, so I decided I'd try again from where we left off before. After that, I just kept taking the death because even though we lose half our gold each time, we get to keep the experience and any items we buy or win along the way. The downside is that anything we use along the way is gone for good.


And after several attempts since I last posted an issue here, I realized that maybe I'd just need to get this put up to explain just how hard it is to take this guy out. I've upgraded and changed my equipment to little use, and grinding for levels has not made this much easier. So, what I think I'm going to do here is say that yeah, there's plenty of good stuff to be found in the tower, with quite a few new accessories to be had. I even won two Tower shields for the hero and Aguro along the way.


From here, we'll just assume that I've stopped at the actual boss, called the Guardian, and will pick up next time once I actually manage to kick his ass. See you then, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment