Friday, August 16, 2013

Drying Out Early...?

Is everything drying out early this year, or is it just me?


I know it was really wet for a couple years in 2010 and 2011, but it really seems like the last couple years have been completely the opposite. The dry weather has been nice, especially since this year has been a little cooler, too. It's good because at least I don't wind up freezing half to death in my apartment when it's hot outside.


The bad news, however, is that since it's been so dry this year, the relative lack of humidity has started making a long-term issue I've had with dry skin more of a problem earlier than it has in a long time. It's especially bad on my feet, which makes standing for long periods more than a little uncomfortable. Sleeping can be a little hard some nights, too.


One thing that makes it a little easier is soaking my feet in hot water and Epsom salts and putting a little lotion on them. I'm not sure how much of that I'll do tonight, but going forward, I'll probably get to most of it.


It's going to be a long fall and winter this year, I think.

No comments:

Post a Comment