Wednesday, February 29, 2012

A Little Philosophy...

Just a little bit about my view of the world here, folks.  Nothing too special.

See, I've usually the sort to believe in being prepared.  Granted, it doesn't always show, and it has this awful way of backfiring on me, especially at work.  But that's kind of how my mind works.  Gotta be ready for what you think is going to happen so it doesn't hit quite so hard when it's something bad.

Part of it, at least for me, is that if I'm gonna be wrong about something, I'd rather be wrong about something bad.  In a lot of ways, I almost seem over-prepared for things.  In a few cases, this is even a good thing.

I'd say it's almost Boy Scout-like, but it's really not.  Boy Scouts do it in a way where being prepared and sometimes over-prepared is light on negative consequences.  Sadly, I never really learned to do that.

Oftentimes, that leads to situations where my over-preparedness is just as bad or worse than the thing or things I was trying to avoid.  Never a good situation to be in.

At least I can usually admit when I'm wrong, though.  That's a good thing, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment