Tuesday, February 28, 2012

That Old Saying About The Month Of March...

You've maybe heard that old saying about the month of March that goes "In like a lion and out like a lamb or in like a lamb and out like a lion."?

Or something to that effect, anyway?  It looks like the "in like a lion" part of that is going to come true this year.

Sure, there are other things I could write about right now, but the weather is the most pressing thing right now.  I guess what's coming is sort of overdue, after the otherwise unseasonably warm, dry winter we've had to date.

So, as of this writing, the National Weather Service is predicting a 100% chance of a rather nasty combination of precipitation called "wintry mix" over the course of the next 24 to 36 hours.  What this means is snow and freezing rain, which tends to make driving more than a little difficult and rather dangerous.

This wouldn't be a problem if it weren't for the fact that I've got things I need to do coming up in that same time frame.  I'm really not looking forward to being out and about while all this is coming down.  Sadly, I kind of have to.  Matter of necessity, you see.

Hopefully, this won't end badly, since there's a good chance the roads will be slick when I need to drive.  Only time will tell, of course.

Wish me luck, folks.  See you all soon, I hope.

No comments:

Post a Comment