Tuesday, February 14, 2012

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy 4 (SNES, 1991): Issue #24: Diamonds Are Forever


I can do this, but it's probably my least favorite part of the game.

Once we get to the levels of this dungeon I named the issue for, every random encounter we have is with a boss-level monster. On top of that, there are still a few more ultimate weapons and armors to get, as well, which means real boss fights, too. But the only way out is through, and I'm not gonna puss out on this one now that I've made it so far into the game. So let's do this, shall we?

The random encounters in this crystal-floored part of the dungeon are with all the strongest beasts in the game: Behemoths, Red Dragons, Evil Masks, Breaths, and Minds. Any and all of these are entirely capable of killing the party easily.

And then there's the special weapons I mentioned earlier. Turns out there's just the one of them. It's the Murasame for Edge. It'll take his attack power up one last little bit once we get it away from the demon guarding it. This time, it's Ogopogo. Quite a bit tougher than Leviatan, but worth it, I think.

After another four floors, I think it is, of fighting god-beasts, we finally get down to the very core of the moon. And, damn it, I could have sworn there was a save point here, but it turns out there's not. Crap. This means that things are pretty much automatically going to go wrong for me here. Oh well, might as well at least say what's to be found here, at least. That way, if and when something bad does happen, I can just fix what needs to be fixed later and pick up with the actual final battle when I've been smart enough to give myself more time for this.

So, what we see is FuSoYa and Golbez going up against Zemus. Zemus pretty much lets them win, but since he's the game's final boss, you know this isn't the end of him. Golbez and FuSoYa only beat his first form. The second form, a monster formed of Zemus's hatred called Zeromus appears and puts the beat down on them.

Thus ends part one of the end of the game, since the actual battle with Zeromus didn't go so well this time around. Once I've gotten everything the way I should have had it before, I'll finish this off in Issue #25: Paper Moon. Gonna get this one right, especially if you believe in me.

No comments:

Post a Comment