Sunday, December 19, 2010

Being A Little Imp #1

So, technically, I'm not supposed to do this, but I'm going to anyway. And I kind of want to do a little experiment, too.

I'd also thought I'd wait until Wednesday to post this so I could get a better view of what happens, but since it's ready to go now, why not, right?


I'm going to say right now that my day job, the job that gets me all the money I've got right now, is at a local Wendy's. It's a good job, as far as flipping burgers goes. I certainly wouldn't have been doing it anywhere nearly as long as I have. But like all jobs, there are annoying and aggravating coworkers.

If it weren't for the fact that there are a few who are experts at taking the annoyance factor three steps beyond normal, I might not feel quite so compelled to be this stupidly impish. But that's life, I guess.

So I'm going to mention Wendy's Old Fashioned Hamburgers in this blog post, and I'm going to say that I've seen people using coupons that they've printed off the internet.

I'm also going to get a little stupid here by making connections to some identifying information about myself that may already be out there and connected anyway. You know my name from the title of this blog, I've just told you what my job is, and in a minute, I'm going to tell you the name of the city I live in. I'm sure this information is already available and connected, but I'm going to make sure of it now.

What I'm trying to do is summon up the Wendy's ad that promotes their digital coupons. If it works, and you're a reader of this fine electronic publication who lives in or travels to or through Sioux Falls on a regular basis, feel free to click on that ad and take advantage of those.

One is, of course, an attempt to actually get a little revenue off this blog that, in all probability, goes against AdSense's user regs and will almost certainly blow up in my face as a result. But that's a secondary reason to it all.

A bigger reason is that I'm feeling compelled to share my frustrations with my coworkers in a bizarre and rather circuitous way that they may never quite figure out, at least not fully. But at least I'll have a little satisfaction from bringing them some of the confusion and lack of understanding that they've brought me over the years.

So, let's see what happens, shall we? Have fun, boys and girls, and enjoy the food.

No comments:

Post a Comment