Monday, December 27, 2010

Not About The Money

So a funny thing happened after I posted my Little Imp entry.


That funny thing is that starting this week, my shift at work will be starting a half hour earlier every day. That's two and a half hours more that I'll be getting paid for.

Mind you, I'm not complaining. I could certainly use the money that the extra hours will bring. I'm just bringing it up in case anybody reading this thinks I'm all about the green when I'm really not. Money's a part of it, but not nearly all of it.

Should it come down to my winding up getting the extra time on the clock taken away at some point, I'd rather have it come off at the end of my shift. This is primarily because of something I think I may have noted before in that the guys who usually take my position when my shift ends tend to be there at least a half hour early, and I could certainly use a little extra time then.

One use I've got for the time is this blog. Sure, I could be making money at it with a little extra time put into it, but that's really only a secondary thing. I've actually got things I'd like to be doing here, as I said when I made myself a little schedule for posting here. I've already missed one Text Play in part of my new schedule at the day job. This is not a bad thing, mind you, just frustrating because I'd announced a plan and now it seems like I'm instantly going against it, even though that's not my intent.

But really, that's one thing that's always annoyed me about life in general. It seems like there are always a million little things to get in my way and make me look like a big talker when I actually admit to having a plan.

But anyway, that's really been my entire point behind writing this. Now that I've accomplished it, I'd better wrap up by saying that I'll have another post, a new Text Play chapter hopefully, tomorrow, and play us out with a little Dire Straits.

No comments:

Post a Comment