Thursday, December 16, 2010

Doing Something Cool For A Favorite Webcomic Artist

I'm the sort of fellow who likes to be charitable.  Unfortunately, my personal charity budget is pretty much used up for the year, so I'm doing this instead.


That charitable spirit extends especially to things I want to see kept going.  It's why I'll usually shoot ZFL co-host The Roach a little cash when he needs it.

It's also why I gave such a big chunk of change to the Chicagoland Ronald McDonald House through the Channel Awesome charity drive on December 4th.  I think the Ronald McDonald House is a great charity that does wonderful things for families with children that need medical care.  I also think that the web sites and content produced under the Channel Awesome brand are pretty good.  If I can help both at the same time, I'm going to go for it.

So, when I heard that web comic and furry artist Lis "Lizardbeth" Boriss had lost her day job and was in need of financial support, I knew I had to do something about it, especially since I have, sadly, failed to buy either of the compilation books for her web comic Broken Plot Device.  In terms of money, I may not be able to do much, but I can do this, so I will.

Miss Boriss is going to be doing what she cleverly calls a "commission-a-thon" that will at least start tomorrow, according to her Fur Affinity page.  More information can be found in her previous FA journal and in the related LiveJournal entry.

I encourage everyone who can to check out the web comic Broken Plot Device, Miss Boriss's art, and to help this talented artist stay afloat and support a Philadelphia-area children's hospital in the process.  I think it will be worth the effort.

I'll do what I can, and I hope you will, too.  Thank you for your consideration and support.

No comments:

Post a Comment