Thursday, April 26, 2012

From The Old Floppies: Issue #11: Selections From "MacKedzie's Journal", Part Two

I've been meaning to get back to this for awhile, especially since this quasi-historical stuff I post seems to be relatively popular and I need to bring up my ad revenue a bit.  It's interesting to see some of this stuff again.  There's some that's good and just as much or more that I'm actually kind of glad that I'd forgotten.

I'm going to post three last entries from the pseudo-journal I did and then call it done with.  It's been interesting to see it all again, and there are a few that I didn't look at, but I've posted enough now for folks to get the gist of what it was about, so I'll move on to other things I want to post from here.
=======================================================

"MacKedzie's Journal"

A Semi-Original work by Jesse Shearer

Any similarities to any actual person, living or dead, are purely coincidental.

Entry No. 8:

A childhood memory.

August 8, 2003

I just got back from the first vacation I've had in a long time. My dad, brother
and I went to a lake resort I hadn't been to in a good fifteen years and stayed
in the cabin we always used to get. It was lots of fun. I caught most of the
really big fish amongst the three of us, including the biggest bluegill I've
ever seen. And we went to see the old fort. I hadn't been there in a long time,
either. We actually had to pay to get in this time, but it was worth the money.
I guess they've fixed the place up some so that it's like it was back when the
place was built. Probably the most fun was going to that really neat state park
for the hot dog roast. When I was a kid, there was a place where people could
drink out of the stream, but that was gone. I sorta wish I'd gone down the
trail, but when I had the chance, the sunburn I got fishing in the boat the day
before was really bothering me, so I decided against it. All in all it was a fun
trip. I just hope it's not another fifteen years before I get back up there.

--Londo


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"MacKedzie's Journal"

A Semi-Original work by Jesse Shearer

Any similarities to any actual person, living or dead, are purely coincidental.

Entry No. 10:

The Rodney Dangerfield of Fiction is ....

September 29, 2003, 9:45 AM

Today I posted a new piece of fan fiction to one of the web sites I'm archived
on. The process reminded me of why fan fiction is the Rodney Dangerfield of the
literary world. When I got to the screen where I had to choose what sub category
my story was in, I must have passed several choices that were titles of game
shows. That's right, journal, you heard me. I said game shows. That have fan
fiction written about them. It must just be me that thinks it's a dumb idea. I
mean, how does one write something like that? And who would read that, anyway? I
guess that goes to show how fan fiction is like stand-up comedy's Rodney
Dangerfield, whose acts often tell of dozens of smarmy endeavors and then go
into complaints about getting no respect. Anyway, I've gotta get going or I'll
be late for work.

--Londo

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

"MacKedzie's Journal" A Semi-Original work by Jesse Shearer

Any similarities to any actual person, living or dead, are purely coincidental.

Entry No. 15:

"The Missing List"

October 31, 2003, 12:30 PM

I spent most of the morning, at least up until my last entry, cleaning my room.
It turns out that I'm only missing two CD-Roms, which is really something, all
things considered. One's the install disk I need to get the printer on my
computer to work. The other's a disk of all the fan fiction, short stories, and
Mystery Science Theater treatments I've posted to the web. There are still a few
places I can look, but it's not like those disks are completely irreplaceable.
The fan fiction is still mostly posted to the web, and I probably should get a
new printer anyway. I'd still like to find them, though. Anyway, there's Tom and
Jerry cartoons on now, so I think I'll go be distracted by those for awhile.
Until next time, journal. --Londo

======================================================

Halloween, 2003.  Must have had that day off or something.  Most days when I have to work, I have to be there at least an hour before the time I put on that last entry.  I don't remember having had Halloween off since.  I could always ask for it, of course, but it hasn't been all that special a thing for me since I was in middle school.

As for what's next in this series, there are a few bits of old fan fiction I'd like to get back out there, so that's what I'll be putting here next.  In the meantime, more current stuff.

See you soon, folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment