Wednesday, April 25, 2012

So, Maybe Things Are Looking Up


Things might not be so bad after all.

In the last couple weeks, I've had a few bits of good news in the midst of all the chaos and weirdness that's been going on lately. Granted, not everything's been going quite the way I'd like, but hey, life's never perfect, even at its best.

See, I've got this buddy who's been out of work for quite a while who finally got regular work. He's been at it for a couple weeks now, but I haven't had a decent chance to talk to him since he got the job, so I don't know how he's doing or if he likes the work. I do know that he's at least getting paid decently for the work.

Speaking of pay, I recently got a raise at my day job. It wasn't much, but hey, why look a gift horse in the mouth, right? Anything's better than nothing, especially in this economy.

Better yet, I've been getting enough hits here to get a few more ticks on the money meter. I guess people like all that old stuff I've been posting lately. It would be nice if I could say that about the new stuff as well, but I'm not sure I can.

And just to wrap up, I'd like to give a quick thank you to my buddy the Walrus of ZipperFish.com and ZFL, who gave me a retweet on my chili vlog after I put it out. Thanks, man! I appreciate that!

No comments:

Post a Comment