Wednesday, June 10, 2015

TEXT PLAY: Final Fantasy VI (Super Nintendo, Square, 1994): Issue #051: Kefka's Tower, Part Two

Well, after having put it off for far longer than I'd intended, I've at least made some progress, anyway...

The good news is that I did advance at least a little ways up Kefka's Tower after having just let the game sit for the whole of the two months or however long it's been since the last issue of this TP. In the process, I beat the last of the eight dragons, the Skull Dragon, to receive what will probably be the last Esper of the game: Crusader. This Esper has the Meteor spell, which Odin also has, as well as the Merton spell, which is one of a handful of spells that blasts both allies and enemies alike with a firestorm. For the most part, the dragons, especially the later ones, were relatively easy. Maybe it's because my levels are high, maybe it's because I remember more about the game than I realize, I'm not sure.

There's also a compound boss just before the dragon. Its three parts are Inferno, Striker, and Rough. The good thing about most, if not all, of the compound bosses in this game is that when the main part dies, it takes the sub parts with it. It wasn't like that in Final Fantasy 4, but then again, Baigan was the only such boss like that I remember in FF4.

But now I'm at a point where it's just a matter of trying to figure my way through all of this. I know I've done all this before, a long time ago. And that's the problem, it's been a very long time ago now. I know I beat this game back when I was in college, but I can't remember if I've done it since then.

At any rate, I'm hoping to have this done before too much longer. Or at the very least, I hope to have another issue of this up before another two moths have gone by. So, until next time, have fun, stay safe, keep gaming, and DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment