Sunday, August 12, 2012

TEXT PLAY: Legend of Mana (PlayStation; 2000): Issue #25: Professor Edgar K. B. Montrose...

So, today it's off to bomb building class with the Fa'Diel Academy of Magic.

Like I was saying last issue, this particular quest seems to be one where we apparently don't need to have Larc the Dragoon with us to pull it off. Of course, just to be safe, I made a backup save just in case I'm wrong about that.

Anyway, our mission this go around is to help some students from the magic school work on their alchemy. There's one student who's in charge of mixing groups of three reagents until he gets one that turns into an explosive or coffee or something. I almost think there was something that got messed up in the translation here because once we get it right, he says it's a bomb, but that our charge Bud drank some of it once, ran like a monkey on crack for a day, and lived to tell about it.

A confession here, sadly. I wasn't paying attention as closely as I should have when I was actually getting the three ingredients that actually worked. I know two are faerie scales and star dust, but for the life of me, I can't remember what the third one is, and I just got done doing it. At any rate, the student who's in charge of mixing this stuff gives us hints as to what we need, but doesn't tell us which ones work when we get close. It could be because his methods remind me of something Edgar Montrose from the Red Green Show might do, or it could be just game design to make it more challenging. Either way, the job's done now, so it's time to go back home and tell the Little Cactus about it. Guess this kind of thing makes him nervous.

While we wait for him to write all that down, we may as well go check out the various orchards and gardens and such for any new fruits and veggies. In this case, the only one I think I haven't mentioned yet is something called the Spiny Carrot. Now, I'm pretty sure this thing's a lot like the carrots I've got growing in the planter by my front door, but given the other places my mind tends to go during this arc, I think George Takei sums up my thoughts about this one.

But anyway, I think I'll wrap this up here, since I'm not feeling so great right now and should probably be sleeping. Next Mana outing, we'll go get Larc and at least get started going after the second dragon. Given that this is a bone dungeon, I'm guessing this one will be an Earth elemental, but I could just be misremembering that. So, we'll see.

Until then, as always, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment