Tuesday, August 7, 2012

TEXT PLAY SIDE GAME: Final Fantasy (NES 1990/PS 2003 [Origins]): Issue #10: Lake Pillsbury

And I think the Doughboy may be shilling his crescent rolls in this one, too...

But first, I think I'd better pick up the stuff I forgot before, so it's back to Elfheim for the spells I forgot and some extra items. Then it's off to Crescent Lake to see the Circle of Sages, where Lupin III, er, Lukin the Prophet tells us about Kary and gives us the canoe.

There's a couple ways I could go from here, and it's a tough pick. I could go the way the game wants me to go and just head after Kary in the Gulgu Volcano, or I could go for the airship and the class change first, like CLG's Apple did in his RELOADED LP he did last year. As much as I like being a traditional player, I think Apple's idea makes more sense in this case, so that's what I think I'll do.

The thing is, though, there are river and lake monsters in this entry in the series, and they're hell to deal with. This is one of the reasons why I like keeping all the specialty swords for the fighter. Makes this a lot easier. Unfortunately, the fights are still a little harder than they need to be, even on Easy Mode, so I got to the Ice Cave and decided that's where I'd wrap this up for now. We'll pick this up next time in the Ice Cave. Until then, stay safe, have fun, keep gaming, and DFTBA!

No comments:

Post a Comment