Sunday, July 29, 2012

TEXT PLAY SIDE GAME: Final Fantasy (NES 1990/PS 2003 [Origins]): Issue #9: o/~ The Earth Cave o/~



Sorry, couldn't resist.

But seriously, folks, here we go. This is a long cave, relatively speaking, and given all the random battles that I was kind of obligated to get through got me a few more levels on the way down. The good news is that at least the boss fight wasn't so bad, given the availability of Fire 3 and Dia 3 at this point, which work wonders on Lich.

Even though it's only an additional two floors to get to Lich, I somehow managed to get lost on both of them. Took wrong turns all over hell, but fortunately, I had enough spells and items to get the job done. Good thing this is the easy mode that came in the Origins version.

Funny thing when I finally got into the Earth Crystal's chamber to fight Lich. I thought I'd gotten Dia 3 when I was in Elfheim. Turns out I didn't, but that's OK. Fire 3 and Dia 2 are very much enough. No, really, that's pretty much all it takes. My fighter got paralyzed almost right off, and as soon as he got over that, Lich put him to sleep, so he was out after hitting the monster once. And my monk wasn't exactly doing much damage, either, in spite of doing four hits per turn.

Once Lich is out of the way, I guess Kary the Fire Fiend wakes up. We'll be getting to her eventually, before too long, I suppose. But first, it's back to Melmond. I'll have to see if they say anything about going to the circle of sages at Crescent Lake. Just my luck, soon as I don't look into that, I'll need to do that and won't find out until I get there.

And I might just go for the class change before then, too. I'll have to check into seeing just how possible that is. If you've been reading enough of these, you can probably guess my source.

So, anyway, be seeing you soon with more video game fun. Until then, have fun, stay safe, keep gaming, and DFTBA.

No comments:

Post a Comment