Saturday, March 5, 2011

Drinking And Streaming

It can be worse than drinking and driving.

A couple weeks ago, I had a bottle of red wine while I watched ZipperFish Talk Radio. By the end of the show, I was what one might call drunk. When Jack and Jim went out after the show, I decided that what the hell, I'll do my own after hours show.

From what I can recall and what I've been told, it was good for the audience. Fortunately, I at least had the good sense to not record what I was doing. I have vague memories of doing things that might have come closer to getting me banned than I realize. Recording that may have been enough to seal the deal. And I've got a day job to worry about, too.

So, my point here is that drinking and doing streaming video is king of like drinking and driving. If you're going to do one, it's not a good idea to do the other. Sure, getting in front of a camera while drunk might not be as physically fatal as getting behind the wheel in the same condition, but it can really fuck a person up in other ways.

Had the wrong person seen that broadcast, I could have been banned from uStream. That wouldn't have been so bad, really, because there's really only one show I watch there. What would have been worse is if someone from my day job had seen me doing that. If I'd have lost my job, things would have become immensely more difficult for me. All the money I have to pay for things comes from that job. If I'd lost work because of it, getting another job would have been difficult, too, and while I am making a bit of money off this blog, it's nowhere nearly enough to live off of at this point.

Anyway, like I said above, don't drink and stream, folks. It could go badly, so don't take the risk. Hope that helps a few folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment