Tuesday, March 1, 2011

More On My Art

And not as high-minded this time.

When I first started this blog, I did an entry about how I do art and gave a few reasons why. While the presentation didn't come off as well as I'd hoped, but those reasons still stand, for the most part.

I got to thinking about it again recently, and decided to add to the list. These reasons may not be as high as the last few, but better, I think.

Probably the best reason is that I was recalling a comment I got on my DeviantArt page asking me why I do what I do, and I explained that it was to keep me from spending my laundry money on candy and pop, which is a habit that's more expensive than I can really afford and not really that great for me to boot.

I also remember once hearing it said that art, even if it's the crap like mine, makes the world a better place to live. In general, I'm not entirely sure if I believe that. On the other hand, if doing it is something that helps me save money and stay a little healthier, I'll buy it. It makes the world a little better for me, after all, I guess.

As far as posting it to the web, well, that's like everything else I post online. I'm not entirely sure I'd continue doing it if it wasn't for the fact that I've got other people looking at it, and hey, I might even make a buck or two while I'm at it.

At least I can say I've got some decent reasons to keep doing all this that work for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment