Monday, March 21, 2011

Spring Doldroms

Why do I start to feel worse at a time of year when I should start to feel better?

It's springtime.  The weather's warming up, the snow's melting, there's more sunshine for longer.  My mood and enthusiasm should be improving, but it seems like it's not, and maybe even getting worse.

Now that I think about it, it seems like I've been this way for as long as I can remember.  I recently touched on one possible reason when I was tagged for a DeviantART journal meme, which is still up on my main page there.  Spring has always signaled the end of the school year, and as I said in the meme, I'd very much like to be a full-time scholar, a professional academic, instead of what I do now.  Unfortunately, being a full-time student is something that just doesn't pay very well, if at all, and it's something that I've kind of had to give up on any notable level in recent years.

But really, it's hard to put my finger on exactly what the problem is.  I just don't feel like doing anything right now.  There's plenty I could, and perhaps should, be doing right now, but I just don't want to.

I guess all I can really do is try to keep at it.  I know this will clear up eventually.  More coming when available, folks.  See you then.

No comments:

Post a Comment