Friday, March 25, 2011

So I'm A Big Talker

I don't have much to say, at least that's in any useable form right now, but if I want this to count for much, I still need to make posts.

As always, I've got a pile of things partway ready to go, that I just need to finish off and post.  The trouble is making time to get them done and up.

One of the more difficult things in this particular line of work is having a constant stream of new material coming to keep whatever audience I may have interested.  The good news is that I've got about a million ideas bouncing around my little fat head most of the time.  The bad news is that it oftentimes seems like I've got virtually no time to do anything with those ideas because I have a day job to go to and all the trappings of life as a single adult.

With that in mind, I know I keep asking for patience, but I do have things coming that I hope will make it worthwhile.  I've got two "random idea" entries in draft form on my desk right now as well as the piece I'm working on for That Guy.  I've got at least two fan fictions on my hard drive that need to be finished off and posted someplace.  There's also a CD-ROM of raw art files I need to run through ImageReady and post, as well.  And now that I'm thinking about it, I've got a TV show all screengrabbed that I need to finish making a gallery for GlitterRock's Cap-Page Board out of.  Been working on that for a good 10 months more than I should have, at least.

And all of this is on top of having a regular job to go to and a personal life to tend to.  No wonder we hear about all these celebrities, Hollywood and otherwise, that go nuts and get tons of drug problems and such.  I'm not sure how well I could handle being some sort of famous.

I guess I'm writing this as much for the Internet celebs that might follow me, like The Spoony One, the guys at Ideo Productions, and the like, as I am for my other readers and myself.  Believe it or not, I do kind of get what you guys go through, even if I'm not doing it at your level.  It's a hell of a lot of work, and the payoff has a way of seeming a little small relative to the effort.

I just wanted to say that yeah, I appreciate all the hard work you guys go to to entertain those of us that watch you here on the Web.  I'm like most fans, I don't say that often enough, I know, but I do appreciate the work and the entertainment.

And if I may be a little crass now, I'd also like to ask my readers to help a guy stay motivated at this.  I mean sure, I'd probably be doing this for fun anyway, but there's a reason why this is set up the way it is, after all.  It would really be appreciated, thanks.

And after that bit of shameless lack of tact, I think I'd better wrap this up and get some sleep.  Thanks for all your support.  The massive amounts of entertainment for the price of an Internet connection is sweet, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment