Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Games Maybe I Should Try: Sly Cooper


It's not the only PS2 game that maybe I should try, but it's the one I'm gonna open this series with because I've found a weird fascination with the characters lately.

I'd say it beats the hell out of me as to why, but really, it doesn't. As previously mentioned, I've got a somewhat more than passing interest in furries, and that's one of the stronger themes of the game. And even then, I'd be inclined to let it pass simply because it's a stealth platformer, and I really suck at games like that. I am, after all, just as much an unstealthy, lumbering idiot in video games as I am in real life. All things considered, the only reason I've never been seriously hurt is that I'm also a lazy bastard when I don't think I've got anything to do.

The one factor that changes things is the title character's love interest: Carmelita Fox. It's kind of weird how that works. Ms. Fox is a cop who only helps Sly and gang when she's a half step from being able to bust them. And really, perhaps “bust them” isn't the best choice of slang, considering the link I have there. It might be better to say “arrest them”. But more seriously, folks, here's her entry on the series wiki.

But anyway, it's been a long time since I've given a platforming game a serious shot. The most recent one I've got is Super Mario World, which came out with the Super Nintendo. Maybe I'll have half an ounce of skill at one of these newer ones. And maybe fellow CLG forum member Mrbrutehater is right in his LP of the game when he says it's a game all audiences can enjoy, which is something I should see for myself.

It might be some time before that happens, though, as I'll have to go looking for it, which could be something of a search.

Next GMIST: Driver 3.

Reference Link:

No comments:

Post a Comment