Wednesday, May 30, 2012

TEXT PLAY: Legend of Mana (PlayStation; 2000): Issue #11: More Running Around (Branch B)


A little running around here so I can do a little of a different kind of running in a bit.

I figure I may as well take a little time to play when I get the chance, as I haven't been feeling so great lately, and this always seems to help some. And later, I'm thinking I'll go see a movie, too.

But for now, here's how my LOM session went. There are a few quests available, but since I've got a self-imposed restriction tonight, I figured I'd just do a little sandboxing this time around so that I could have something up here.

The thing about this game is that there are quests I do know, quests I kind of know, and ones I don't know a damned thing about. The Mindas one I kind of know, but haven't figured out how to solve. There are a few others like that as well. There's another Jumi quest that I could have done quick if I'd talked to the right guy in Domina. And then there's the Sand Rose artifact, that leads to a quest about some nutter setting off fireworks in the desert. I think that'll be the next actual quest I do.

The running around I did this time was to see if I could come across some other quests I could do but hadn't already learned about, in addition to those examples I mentioned above. No such luck this time, though I'm not sure if that's a good thing or a bad one. But things still did happen this time out.

I did manage to get a couple more levels through my running around in the Gato dungeon and the Luon Highway. Levels are good. I also got a new limit break because I finally got around to adjusting my moves again. This one's called Maelstrom. Not as strong as the last couple I learned but still useful, I think.

I also got some new stuff off the tree. Mostly stuff I've mentioned before. Heart Mints and Boarmellons, if memory serves. But I also did get one new one, called a Spade Basil. Sounds interesting. I think I may have mentioned that this stuff affects pet attributes somehow, but I'm not quite sure how. I just know that feeding them changes stats and attributes a little bit.

And speaking of pets, there's that areal egg I mentioned a couple issues back. That finally hatched. I can't remember if I said I wanted it to be a Chocobo, but that's what it was, so I'm happy. I named it after The Red Green Show's Dalton Humphries character. Fun times.

From there, I think I'll be headed off to the desert to watch an in-game fireworks show. But for now, I think I'll be on my way to see a real-world movie I've been meaning to see for awhile now. Stay tuned, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment