Saturday, May 5, 2012

TEXT PLAY: Legend of Mana (PlayStation; 2000): Issue #08: A Little Running Around (Branch B)


I've been meaning to get to this for awhile now.

This is just me grinding a bit for levels and to see what I can get for pets.

After a bit of running around in Gato, I had a Citrussquid ready to be picked, and the plant egg from before hatched, too. That turned out to be a creature called a Lullabud. I named it after Buzz Sherwood, a character from the Red Green Show. I think that's going to be one of the naming themes here, since I've already named the Rabbite from earlier after the title character.

Once I was done with all of that, I took Buzz and sold off some stuff in Domina, because I needed the money. I used the Lucre I got from that, plus what I'd build up over the course of the missions thus far, to buy the magic instruments I hadn't before, so now I own all four available at this point.

Once I activate the workshop portion of my homestead, those enchanted instruments will be one of the things I can make. I'm kind of looking forward to that. It's one of the more fun things in the game.

Further sandboxing in the Jungle got me another plant egg. That turned out to be another Lullabud, so I just sold it to Jennifer, the shopkeeper from Domina. I only got 30 Lucre for it, but hey, easy money, I guess.

After that, I put Buzz out in the pasture to graze for awhile and went to check on the tree again. This time, something called a Heartmint, which is basically a mint sprig shaped like a Valentines heart, and two more Boarmellons.

And I also did a little running around on the Luon Highway, thinking that maybe I'd find another mission or something. All I got from that was a bird egg. I hope it's a Chocobo. But finding out is for later. I've done enough sandboxing for now, I think.

Not quite sure what I'll do next. That'll be for next issue. Until next time, everybody!

No comments:

Post a Comment