Sunday, May 27, 2012

Oh, Wait. Summer.

I've kinda forgotten that I sorta hate summer now that I'm an adult.

Well, for the last couple, anyway.  And summer 2011 especially.

See, last summer, I wasn't particularly healthy, with a cold or allergies or something that just wouldn't go the hell away, whatever it  was, for about half the summer.  This was in large part because it was really damned wet the first half of summer last year.  The good news is that I did indeed get better once things dried up.

Once things did dry up, it got really hot, which makes things uncomfortable for a number of reasons.  I don't handle heat well, and that's not just because of my wonky physical health in general, folks.

And then there was the whole business with my vehicle.  I'd been meaning to get a different means of transportation for awhile even before the little adventure with the tire blowing out on me.  It just got more urgent after I had to deal with the difficulties that came from that.  Between the weather being either really wet or really hot and my off health, getting a vehicle couldn't really happen until the end of September.

So, here we are at the end of May, and it's humid as shit again.  Something tells me this is going to be another awful summer, folks.  I'll try to stay as positive as I can about things, but something tells me there may be another increase in delays around here again.  I'll try to keep that to a minimum, of course, but I just wanted to get this said anyway, just in case.

No comments:

Post a Comment