Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Still More On Fan Fiction


I've got a ton and a half of ideas for various works of fiction I want to write. I just need to motivate myself to actually sit down and make it happen.

When I wrote about this topic back in January of last year, I had a specific idea or two I wanted to do, but as has become abundantly clear in the year and a quarter since then, I couldn't quite make it happen for one reason or another. I still sorta remember what the main idea was, because bits and pieces of it are still rattling around in my head to this day.

The good news is that even though I probably can't pull the original thing off any more, the basic idea has morphed somewhat into something else I may be able to use. I'm not going to get into any specifics about it just yet. Last time I tried to promise things, it didn't work out so well, and I don't want to get hopes up again.

The bad news, however, is that I'm still trying to get my motivation back up to actually get the one idea I've got right now down on paper, as it were, so that the rest of you can maybe enjoy it too. For a while now, I've been hoping that getting a little weight off me might help with that, but so far, it really hasn't. But I'm still working on that bit anyway.

Another thing that's been throwing me off a bit in recent months is that I've had kind of a screwball sleep schedule. I'm working on getting that set right again, too. Hopefully that'll work out.

But anyway, I'm hoping I can get all this figured out and going the right way again. It'll be nice to have some new fiction to post of you folks.

No comments:

Post a Comment