Wednesday, May 2, 2012

The JMichaelShearer Rumor Mill: I Need Cable TV To Watch Hulu?


OK, so I only half heard this one, and it was kind of late at the time, so I might be wrong.

At the time, it was at the very end of Radio Dead Air's Monday night show, I'd been to my day job, and a few other things, by which point it was about one o'clock in the morning. From what I understood, RDA's host Nash was a bit tired at the time, and had a long week ahead of him as well.

But from what I did hear at the end of the show, it sounds like I may need some sort of proof that I get cable TV to watch stuff on Hulu. I'm going to have to look into that. It just doesn't sound right. That somehow seems like a technically difficult thing to do, at best. And as Nash was saying, as well, it'll only cost them users, myself included.

See, part of the reason I use Hulu is because I can't afford the cable bundle that would have the channels I'd actually watch, especially if I want to have Internet as well, which is something I really kind of need if I'm going to be a blogger. So, the entire reason for me watching stuff on Hulu in the first place is so that I don't have to get cable TV.

Now, if this is a matter of my needing a Hulu Plus subscription to continue using the service, OK, they forced me into it. It's something I was seriously considering anyway. I was just hoping it wouldn't have to be like this. I'll still be pissed about it because Hulu's pretty much forcing my hand, regardless of if the premium service is something I was going to get anyway.

I'll be pissed about that because they're essentially taking at least a little choice from me, and I really hate it when people do that to me. Sure, there was a good chance I would have bought their service anyway, but I had wanted to do it in my own time and in my own way.

I really hope I'm just hearing things, but with my luck, that's not the case.

Team Hulu, if you're reading this, please consider the move wisely before you make it. This could be very bad for you. Just remember how badly the split thing went for Netflix, after all.

User Inserted Sponsored Link:

No comments:

Post a Comment