Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Bad Rotation...?


It's kind of understandable, though.

One of the stats I get for this blog tells me how many subscribers I've got through Google's FeedProxy service and what they think of the things I'm posting. This impression comes from a line at the top of the page that starts with the phrase “My Feeds” and is concluded with an idea or concept meant to explain what they think of the material.

One thing I've been getting on a somewhat regular basis lately is something about bad rotation in what I'm posting. I can sort of understand why people would think that. I haven't bee posting as much random, stream-of-consciousness stuff as I have in the past in favor of more series type stuff. I'm kind of mixed on the matter. Having series stuff tends to lead to more consistent material getting posted, if not on a regular basis. But if I've got readers coming to see me write about whatever I happen to be thinking about at a particular moment in time, I should probably do more of that.

The thing is, though, at this point, I'm pretty much out of new ideas for the more freeform material that probably brought in the initial audience. That's not to say there won't be more. I still go see movies and the like, and will almost certainly write about them. And if I come up with something that I think is silly enough to work, I'll do that as well.

There's also the art, which, as some readers may know, has gotten me unexpected compliments recently. So, I'll be working on that, too, and getting it up as I can.

But the thing about the series stuff is that it gives me known, quantifiable material to write about, and even if I don't have a set schedule to work on, I will at least not have to worry about if I have ideas or not. So there's going to be more series stuff to come, too. I think that will be good for everybody.

I do hope this clears some things up. Any comments would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment