Friday, June 29, 2012

Things I Miss: Fanfiction


Didn't I do this topic at least once already?

No matter, I suppose. It's worth covering again if I have.

It seems like I used to be able to pull fan fiction out of my ass at will. There were even times when the ideas would come like diarrhea. A lot of those ideas weren't of much better quality, either, but I still tried to do things with them.

But then something happened. I'm sure growing up and getting my own place was part of it. But I still watch and listen to stuff that one might think would give me ideas and they just don't. I mean hell, the other day, I watched part of something where the people doing the podcast were talking about how they were doing fan fics for the likes of Spoony, the Nostalgia Critic, and Linkara of Atop the Fourth Wall.

The whole business of being a fan author is something I'd like to get started at again because not only was it fun, but I've got a few ideas I'd like to work with. I've already let a few slide simply because the moment for that has passed.

But there are still one or two good ideas left, I think. One is working with the universe I set my fan-based MST3K series in. Granted, there won't be any bad fan fiction for me to watch or read, but that's the way the Internet has evolved. Who knows, though, it might work into my doing more video work, like I've always said I'm gonna do.

At any rate, I really just need to sit down and make these things happen. Soon, folks. Soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment