Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Choices


A lot of my regrets come from these.

I've made a lot of choices in my life. Everyone has, and will. Not all of them have been good. I've wound up regretting more of them than I'd like in some way, shape, or form, but I suspect that's a lot like regret: common to anyone much past the age of about four.

But much like regret, I'll take my choices as I've made them. It's a way of reminding myself, primarily, but also others that I've lived as best I knew, and know how. Sure, not all of my choices were great, or even good, but they were the ones I thought were right when I was making them, even if I found out otherwise sooner or later, in some cases sooner than I would have expected.

And for as often as I've found out I was wrong later, I'm glad I did, because it's really helped me be who I am today. It's just part of growing up, and I'm glad I've done that. And that's why I'll take my choices as I've made them.

No comments:

Post a Comment